Friday, February 03, 2006

Atomic Muhammad

This evening's Muhammad cartoon is up. Look out Jyllands-Posten, I'm catching up. I only need 4 more to tie. I should pass their 12 Mohammed cartoons early next week unless I find some time this weekend.

People who read this blog or visit mine might know that I am generally a pessimistic person but I can't tell you how big I smile when I think of the response of the blogosphere to the cartoon jihad. In a matter of days the internet has been flooded with homemade Muhammad cartoons and images. The original 12 cartoons are on countless sites where they are available to everyone. The Muslim protests and boycotts spread but not as fast as the cartoons. Average people have come out swinging. The protests and boycotts will continue but Muslims can't boycott the world. They only make themselves look worse every time they call for violence against cartoonists. In many ways this was the opposite of the Rushdie affair.

In short, we won. Thanks.

2 comments:

person said...

They shouldn't have published pictures like that.

In Islam we're not even allowed to draw pictures of the Prophet peace be upon him.

We dont draw pictures of Jesus or Moses, we respect all the prophets.

We love our prophet peace be upon him.

Pastorius said...

Muslim,
Your Prophet is ok with us. We just believe we need to be free to choose to follow Him.

Do you understand?

If we don't have freedom of choice in following Him, then, what is the the point?