Thursday, February 16, 2006

Update on the Flight 93 Memorial

From this source:

"The Flight 93 Memorial Project just announced a pair of public meetings this Saturday at the Somerset County Courthouse where it promises 'a major, exciting announcement,' with architect Paul Murdoch in attendance.

"The Project’s last public meeting was the unveiling back in September of Paul Murdoch’s winning Crescent of Embrace design, with its half-mile wide Mecca-oriented crescent. It is very likely that Saturday’s meeting is to announce that Secretary of the Interior Gale Norton has given final approval to Murdoch’s design, based on the insignificant design changes announced in late November. The design is now called simply The Flight 93 Memorial instead of The Crescent of Embrace, but the half-mile wide Mecca-oriented crescent is still there, as are all of the other Islamic and jihadist design elements of the original Crescent design.

"Extensive efforts by hundreds of people to warn the Memorial Project about the Mecca orientation and other untoward design elements have all been ignored, but meeting offers a chance to expose this information (and the Project’s malfeasance) directly to the press and the public...."


See more of what Error Theory has to say here.

2 comments:

Kiddo said...

OK, I've been complaining DIRECTLY to the folks in charge for months now, as I'm sure many of you guys have as well. This is obviously getting us nowhere, and we must organize and take action in some other form.

Please contact me for brainstorming on this front, as I WILL not let this happen and I need a few other determined folks to help me stop it!!

Kiddo said...

OK, I posted that last comment before realizing how much organization is already in the works as well as contact info over at Error Theory.

I'm working hard to rally the troops, and I must ask for help in this matter! I've got the United American Committee covered as well as the Sean Hannity forum, so please help me in canvassing the web in this effort!!