Tuesday, April 04, 2006

"The first Jihadist Government Since the Taliban"

suicide-girl-01

Carolyn Glick discusses Hamas:
Last Thursday the first jihadist government since the Taliban ascended to power. The induction of the Hamas government in the Palestinian Authority has created a new dynamic in the Middle East.

Today a force openly supportive of global jihadist organizations like al-Qaida and Hizbullah, allied with Iran, dedicated to the complete Islamization of Palestinian society and committed to the eradication of Israel now reigns in the Palestinian Authority.

In an address last Wednesday, Bush said, "I weep about the suffering of the Palestinians," while maintaining that the "US government has got aid that goes directly to people. And I know that we'll continue to call upon governments in the region to support the Palestinian people."

Since its electoral victory, Hamas has targeted nightclubs, bars, Westernized women and homosexuals in Gaza.
More on the current situation in Gaza now that the Israelis have pulled out-- ThreatsWatch reports:
Red on Red in Gaza Bombing & Aftermath: Popular Resistance Committees commander killed in car bomb, PRC blames Fatah

The Washington Post reported that PRC spokesman Abu Abir blamed the Fatah-dominated Palestinian Authority security services, naming specific individuals and declared that “we will behead them.”
Articles as well as links to some excellent background information are here.

5 comments:

Always On Watch said...

I'm so disillusioned with GWB that I can't put my feelings into civilized words.

Kiddo said...

He should be crying.

Cubed © said...

Yeah, I think an awful lot of us have become very disillusioned by Our Protector.

Reality always wins in the end, and he has chosen to ignore it.

Cubed © said...

Hey, I obviously missed it the first go round - isn't this the Muslima Babe of the Week?

Kiddo said...

Cubed, I got a pic of some great Muslim babes of the week actually. CAIR Florida's gals took a trip to Busch Gardens the same day I did. Haha, I should post that. I wanted to interview them, but my family REALLY hates it when I do that, and they threatened to leave me at the park. And actually, I could've just stayed and ridden their newest roller coaster all night.....