Wednesday, April 05, 2006

So I spent ~90 minutes with William Kristol yesterday

One of the great benefits of living in rural Norman Rockwell america is that when someone notable shows up at a local U, the gathering is only slightly larger than that you would find at a large cocktail party.
So there were maybe 45-50 people AT MOST.
This is a slightly blue but balanced state. More independent than red or blue I'd say, populated (more recently) by many who seek a way of life rather than fame, riches or notariety. This shared outlook (discovered by accident when we moved back here full time after many years in/near the BIG city) yields a very nice comity when the poltical wrangles come along, as opposed to NH where it's Hammer and Tongs (which I'll miss in 2008, I'm sure).

Enough of that.
Mr. Kristol (who looks exactly as he does on TV) was pretty funny. He spoke about the differences in foreign affairs pre and post break point of the modern era, 9/11 for about 40 minutes and then took questions there, and at the small reception after.


So I asked him about the OTHER OTHER bad guy our bud, Hassan Abbasi of the risk-averse western man.

Continue reading "So I spent ~90 minutes with William Kristol yesterday" at VWT »

1 comment:

Kiddo said...

Very nice work Epa! I'm glad you stayed and talked to him. I really enjoy his insights.