Thursday, May 11, 2006

"I Cannot Be Complacent - I Can't Do It Anymore"

Ayaan Hirsi Ali at Harvard:


“So now I have to live with the fact that Theo Van Gogh is dead. Though I did not kill him, I have to live with the fact that he is dead.

I had protection before Theo Van Gogh was killed. I have to do what these gentlemen tell me to do. I have to comply. I comply with things I am told by the authorities. The emphasis on security... it has made me more radical. I cannot be complacent. Let others do it, it will go away - I can’t do that anymore.”


You just have to go read the rest.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

>You just have to go read the rest.

Link, please?

Anonymous said...

She also said recently that the question of war with Iran is not Whether? but When?.

Pastorius said...

Sorry, I will put that link. Jeez, how stupid of me.