Friday, September 08, 2006

Holocaust cartoonist writes an e-mail

I received an e-mail from one of the European cartoonists that took part in the Iran Holocaust Cartoon contest.
From: [name and adress deleted]
To: kleinverzet@yahoo.com
Subject: Hello, Irancartoon contest about the western limits of freedom of expression
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 13:43:24 +0200



Hello "Kleinverzet"

I'm a [Euro - KV] cartoonist,

I read your recent post criticizing the contest organized by Hamshari-Irancartoon.

I totally respect your opinion.

You criticized the cartoonists who participated to this contest. Please read the letter (below) we have written, as participating cartoonists, to reply to all the criticisms.

I also learned that names had been strangely invented and added in the participating list.

Good day.

[name deleted]

PS: I attach my last cartoon for you, it's a boy in front of this dreadful wall. He draws a dove and stands next to a surrealistic door where he can see a blue sky. This is a source of hope for him. Hope of better time, hope of sooncoming Peace and Freedom.
The letter he mentioned is published after the break, as is my answer to this e-mail and letter, so click here if you want to continue.

No comments: