Monday, June 04, 2007

Reagan Airport - Washington D.C.



Are we feeling secure yet?

AjukDD comments over at UP Pompeii:

I had a trip to the UK this weekend, and when I arrived in the UK my passport was checked by a woman in a hijab.

Then when I left the UK I was caught by the new only one bag rule, so that you can not even take a bag with magazines like I had, so it made doing the other chores like geting phone in one place, removing belts and watch and money a real ordeal.

When taking out my toothpaste and other toiletries, I put my stuff down next to a Muslim security helper and a non-Muslim female of the indigenous type, she was making small talk to this chap.

Something along the lines of where did you come from and how long have you been in the UK, answer Pakistan and 1.5 years, she replied your English is very good for that time and your accent is very English. No way was he a recent arrival! But I was like what the hell, he gets a job in Heathrow security albeit at a low level of handing out plastic bags for toiletries after one and a half years of being in the UK. Promotion does happen you know.

So whern I got to the scanning area, I did a quick count or the possible religious identity of the security staff, in my opinion 70% were likely to be Muslims.

Next bit was a check of the staff doing the scanning of luggage, about 40% were likely to be Muslims.At which point I started to find the whole thing a huge and pathetic joke.

Feel safe travelling on a plane, no way!!!!

2 comments:

Pastorius said...

That's how I thought it probably worked. Thanks for confirming.

Anonymous said...

screw u and get a life =) u sad little racist homo