Saturday, September 15, 2007

Reward Money

LGF, Hot Air and Gates of Vienna have already covered this but I'm not above piling on. A jihadist group in Iraq, the so-called Islamic State of Iraq (which is neither a state nor Iraqi), has offered a $100,000 reward for the murder of Swedish artist Lars Vilks over the now infamous Muhammad Dog cartoons. That's not a Rushdie-level bounty but even at European prices it's real money. Lars responded, “I suppose this makes my art project a bit more serious. It’s also good to know how much one is worth.”

Well, what am I, chopped pig liver? Hey, Islamic State of Iraq, how 'bout some props for the Wraith Man? I'm working hard over here and I get nothing. I may not be an international "artist" but at least my Mohammad Dog cartoons (here and here) are in color. I figure these are worth at least $50. Or did you morons blow you're whole reward budget on Vilks?

1 comment:

Pastorius said...

What's more, your's are cute.

I see a Saturday morning kids show headed your way, Thomas.