Friday, November 23, 2007

Exit The Editrix

I guess my disenchantment with blogging is obvious for some time now. During the last weeks I went through an intense thought process. It started with a campaign in the mainstream media here in Germany against Islam-critical blogs and specifically against the most-read political blog in Germany, Politically Incorrect.

A lot of what a reader from abroad needs to know about the German blogger scene, including my stance on Politically Incorrect, I wrote here already.

After Stefan Herre, the owner of PI received threats following an article in the MSM he considered serious enough to leave the country for a while, I found that enough was enough. I think my blogging efforts are more needed at home than abroad.

The demented "war" between Islam-critical bloggers has strengthened that decision. If an original and unique thinker like Fjordman is vilified by other Islam-critics among the major bloggers, something stinks. But then, and as far as the German scene is concerned, maybe it was naive to assume that bloggers who range from those who have been moved into action because of the imminent threat to Israel and somewhat grudgingly concede that Germany will have to be saved in the process as well, and those who are acting out of exactly the opposite reasons and equally grudgingly concede that Israel will have to be saved together with Germany and the rest of the West, between the "anti-German" Israel-friendly Left at one end and those just stopping short of hating Jews to a self-destructive extent at the other, will ever feel that they have a common cause.

I will by no means delete Roncesvalles and go on publishing the odd brief snippet of information, and if it is of interest to an international readership, I will come back and post it here.

I am not quite sure what I will do yet. What I will certainly not do is going on blogging as The Editrix at a new German blog, because most of my friends of various degrees know my real identity anyway, as The Editrix had always been a gimmick and not an attempt at anonymity. Maybe I will start a new German blog of my own, maybe I will go on as co-blogger somewhere, should somebody want me.

However, thanks to all the -- considering -- amazingly many who read my blog over the years, most (I hope) sympathetically, some less so. But thanks anyway.

3 comments:

Epaminondas said...

Frankly, I am sorry to see you go.
Get a new 'nym' and come back.

Pastorius said...

I will you, Editrix.

And, just for the record, I don't think you would have seen a single word of negativity towards Fjordman at this site.

I hope you check in with us from time to time.

The_Editrix said...

I will go on posting in English as The Editrix from time to time. I am not afraid of anything and my blog and website are hosted in America anyway. It is just that blogging in English for an English-speaking audience needs so much explaining of background and circumstances and that takes too much strength away from me because I am not truly bilingual. And I am not getting any younger either.

I will blog in German anonymously because I can do without the harrassment Islam-critics suffer here. I am not afraid and I don't think that there is any physical danger -- yet. I hope I didn't sound over-dramatic.

Thank you all for your kind words, my friends.

I will be back.

Nora