Saturday, March 22, 2008

PROOF THAT OBAMA IS WRONG ABOUT THE IRAQ WAR

From Reliapundit, the Astute Blogger:


Barack Hussein Obama Junior has made his opposition to the Iraq War the foundation of his candidacy - arguing that it shows he has good if not great judgment.There's a small problem with this: HE IS WRONG ABOUT THE WAR.The war was good right justified and necessary.Here's proof - the sworn testimony of Chief Inspector David Kay:

Transcript: David Kay at Senate hearing Former top U.S. weapons inspector
David Kay testified Wednesday before the Senate Armed Services Committee about
efforts to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Following is a transcript of Kay's opening remarks before committee members
began questioning him.

KAY:As you know and we discussed, I do not have a written statement. This
hearing came about very quickly. I do have a few preliminary comments,but I
suspect you're more interested in asking questions, and I'll be happy to respond
to those questions to the best of my ability.

I would like to open by saying that the talent, dedication and bravery of
the staff of the [Iraq Survey Group] that was my privilege to direct is
unparalleled and the country owes a great debt of gratitude to the men and women
who have served over there and continue to serve doing that.

Great deal has been accomplished by the team, and I do think ... it
important that it goes on and it is allowed to reach its full conclusion. In
fact, I really believe it ought to be better resourced and totally focused on
WMD; that that is important to do it.

But I also believe that it is time to begin the fundamental analysis of how
we got here, what led us here and what we need to do in order to ensure that we
are equipped with the best possible intelligence as we face these issues in the
future.Let me begin by saying, we were almost all wrong, and I certainly include
myself here.

Sen.[Edward] Kennedy knows very directly. Senator Kennedy and I talked on
several occasions prior to the war that my view was that the best evidence that
I had seen was that Iraq indeed had weapons of mass destruction.

I would also point out that many governments that chose not to support this
war -- certainly, the French president,[Jacques] Chirac, as I recall in April of
last year, referred to Iraq's possession of WMD.

The Germans certainly -- the intelligence service believed that there were
WMD.

It turns out that we were all wrong, probably in my judgment, and that is
most disturbing.

We're also in a period in which we've had intelligence surprises in the
proliferation area that go the other way.

The case of Iran, a nuclear program that the Iranians admit was 18 years
on, that we underestimated. And, in fact, we didn't discover it. It was
discovered by a group of Iranian dissidents outside the country who pointed the
international community at the location.

The Libyan program recently discovered was far more extensive than was
assessed prior to that.

There's a long record here of being wrong. There's a good reason for it.
There are probably multiple reasons. Certainly proliferation is a hard thing to
track, particularly in countries that deny easy and free access and don't have
free and open societies.

In my judgment, based on the work that has been done to this point of
the Iraq Survey Group, and in fact, that I reported to you in October, Iraq was
in clear violation of the terms of [U.N.] Resolution 1441.

Resolution 1441 required that Iraq report all of its activities -- one
last chance to come clean about what it had.

We have discovered hundreds of cases, based on both documents, physical
evidence and the testimony of Iraqis, of activities that were prohibited under
the initial U.N. Resolution 687 and that should have been reported under 1441,
with Iraqi testimony that not only did they not tell the U.N. about this, they
were instructed not to do it and they hid material.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

Go read the answer at the Astute Bloggers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Forgive me butting in but I'm trying to find out if Epam is still here in Marblehead. My computer was in the shop for 24 hours so I was out of touch.