Friday, February 05, 2010

Spoof video of Wilders’ murder causes uproar

Apparently, in Holland, it is not ok for Geert Wilders to tell the truth about Islam, but it is ok for a government-funded radio "Urban" radio station to post videos "spoofing" the idea of murdering Wilders.

From Tea and Politics:
The Freedom Party of Dutch anti-Islam MP Geert Wilders has reacted furiously to the trailer of an online movie spoofing a murder attempt on Mr Wilders.

The trailer is available on the website of publicly-funded radio station FunX, which targets a young urban audience. Freedom Party MP Martin Bosma has said his party will ask Media Minister Ronald Plasterk whether “an over-subsidised multi-culti radio station” should be receiving government money if it is putting out “suggestive” movies. A government spokesperson explained to reporters that there is no preventive censorship in the Netherlands. Only after a broadcaster commits an offence can legal action be taken, according to the spokesperson.

The Freedom Party points out that Mr Wilders is living under constant heavy police protection following a number of credible death threats. “It is disgusting to turn that into entertainment.”

8 comments:

Damien said...

Pastorius,

What is wrong with these people? You would think there would be a few nut jobs in Holland, all societies have them, but this is mainstream over there? Disgusting!

Claudia said...

Thanks for linking T&P, Pastorius, it's very appreciated.

Well, this is perceived as a "just" compensation to Wilders' attacks on Muslims. I have always considered that Wilders was attacking Islam, and, although I don't think 1 billion Muslims think like the clerics mentioned in Fitna, those clerics are certainly quoting Islam's sacred texts.

I don't think there is any justification to produce such a video, under any circumstances. You don't like what this guy is saying? Just contradict him. But it's somewhat difficult to contradict if those clerics never cause outrage among Muslims but Mohammed cartoons cause tons of it, isn't it?

Pastorius said...

Claudia,
You wrote: I have always considered that Wilders was attacking Islam


I ask: Are you saying you think Wilders is being unfair to Islam?

Also, I wanted to ask you, how is it that Infidels Are Cool has a featured place in your sidebar, but IBA no longer does?

Have we fallen out of favor with you for some reason?

Claudia said...

Hello, Pastorius:

You say: Are you saying you think Wilders is being unfair to Islam?

I answer, no, of course not. He is just showing what people is preaching at mosques and someone has to. The trick has been that even if he repeated lots of times he was not against Muslims, he has been considered as attacking them.

You say: how is it that Infidels Are Cool has a featured place in your sidebar, but IBA no longer does?

Have we fallen out of favor with you for some reason?


I answer: I thought I had fallen out of favor here... as I wrote you some weeks ago with some very important news on Spain and you didn't answer. :O) Also you never come and stop by, I thought you were angry with me for some reason.

Don't worry: I'm adding you right now, if you like.

Pastorius said...

You wrote me? I don't recall receiving anything from you since you since about six to eight months back.

No. You haven't fallen out of favor here. I thought you weren't blogging anymore.

Hope things are going well. Now that I know you are busy blogging, I will stop by more often.

Claudia said...

Yes, I wrote several bloggers after an imam harrased a woman here some weeks ago about her veil, but I guess it went off to the spam folder because no one answered back :O)

Oh, thank God. Well, I will add it just now.

I have written you an email though. Hope this time it really reaches you.

Pastorius said...

Claudia,
I have not rec'd an email from you.

Maybe you accidentally typed the wrong address.

My email address is

cuanasblog

at

yahoo.com

Claudia said...

Yes, that's the email I have. Wait a sec, I'm going to send it from the yahoo email (blogfreeworld at rocketmail dot com).