Saturday, April 24, 2010

Before the brutal rain of years weather the pretty Muslim....

I have it in mind that Abdooss the Anonymous is a delicate young thing who has yet to learn the nature of Nature and his/her place in the hard matrix of it. Worse still for those of us sensitive to the pointless but inevitable suffering of the weak and timid, the innocent and naive. Abdooss will suffer, will sometimes scream, will likely die in misery after a life of Man in the world. Such is life. I like it, myself, in spite of the pain I see others suffering. It's not a just world we live in, it's just the best we can do. And the best I can do for the young Muslim who wonders why we war and why against his innocence, I present the following tale of woe and laughing horror to lighten the coming years, one drop at a time.

She looked still surprised when she told me the other young men on the boat didn’t like her boyfriend, there being no reason she could see for them not liking him, he being attractive and nice, courteous and kind. The other young men on the boat tormented him, seemingly for his time in the army, which she felt was unfair to him, he having been conscripted. And she sighed and looked dreamy when she said he fell overboard one evening and was caught in the boat propellers, how awful it was to see him like that, how she’d never forget him. “He was so nice, you know.”

I do know. I recall laughing out loud when she told me that. ...

http://nodhimmitude.blogspot.com/2008/02/drop-in-river-of-time-1.html

1 comment:

Dag said...

Abdooss, a conscript.... The matrix is hard, the patrix far harder. Gotta laugh.