Saturday, August 07, 2010

Ground Zero Mosque on Fast Track, but Greek Church Waits

From D-Lo at Weasel Zippers:


You tell ‘em, Father C.
Shame on Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the members of his Landmarks Preservation Commission for voting 9-0 to allow the building of a Muslim mosque at ground zero in New York City.
Too many Americans are sleepwalking when it comes to understanding Islamic policies during the last 1,400 years of what I see as its brutal history. No one talks about St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, which was crushed by the collapsing Twin Towers.
Why is the mosque put on the fast track to construction when St. Nicholas’ reconstruction is being hindered by New York City bureaucracy?
Wake up, America, before it is too late. The Greek Orthodox faithful of the Balkans were enslaved by Islam for 500 years. Ask me what it means to live under the laws of Islam, under Sharia Law and the Hadith. Call me and I will provide a history lesson on what can be like to live under Islam extremists.
Fr. Constantine J. Simones Waterford
About the St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church:

Since 1922, St. Nicholas Church had stood as a quiet sanctuary of prayer and reflection amidst the tumultuous and bustling crossroads of commerce. For the past nine years the Port Authority of New York/New Jersey has used bureaucratic obstacles and false promises to hinder the rebuilding of the St. Nicholas Church.

12 comments:

Damien said...

Pastorius,

What is it with our leaders. I don't expect them to always be competent or always do the right thing, but this is ridiculous.

Damien said...

Pastorius,

Are they really desperate to appease those who would destroy us, even if they somehow do not realize it?

Unknown said...

Hi Guys.
I think the main question is “Who’s pulling the strings?”
I’ve been asking this myself for a while now ,we’re facing an all out war against all religions who are not Islam.
The final battle has started and we’re loosing.

Damien said...

Will,

Are you talking about like the Biblical Armageddon? This may be pretty bad, but I see no convincing sign that the world is going to end soon. I don't believe in prophecy.

We can still defeat the Jihad. They can be stopped from conquering the world. In fact I doubt that they will be able to, which is good news for us. People are already waking up, and more and more people seem to be getting mad at their leaders for not doing their Job.

Unknown said...

Damian.
No i'm not talking Biblical Armageddon ..yet,altough but it's pretty obvious that all over the world Islam has declared war on all other religions no matter what "Moderates" say,and inter religions cooperation is only a one way track the one Islam leaves open for the rest to take.I'm a religious man in the sence of the Bible and the ten Commandments and yes i believe in the end days it will come to a final battle between good and evil.

Damien said...

Will,

I don't see Islam as a Benign faith at all. Lets put it that way, but I don't think that we should tell ourselves that all is lost. If we are to win, in the long run, we must believe that we can win.

I'm not an atheist. Personally I believe in a god, but I don't accept any holy text as being the work of God, or even inspired by him. But I certian he's not on the side of Islam.

christian soldier said...

I'm so 'swiping this' and sending it everywhere!!!
carol-CS

Pastorius said...

Damien said...
Are they really desperate to appease those who would destroy us, even if they somehow do not realize it?


I say; I think this is what Dennis Miller was talking about when he said we have to honest, they will blow us up.

Pastorius said...

CS,
Good.

That's what it's here for.

Damien said...

Anglo,

Its obviously not just political correctness. Most of them probably don't even realize the danger of this, and with everyone critical of it being demonized as bigots, well you can imagine what you might do if you were in their situation and you didn't know what you know now.

Anonymous said...

I fear only Spiderman or former Mayor Rudy Giuliani can save the wounded city from its dreadful slumber and its derelict stewards.

Pastorius said...

Oh, I think Batman would know what to do.