Friday, September 17, 2010

Koran-Burning Pastor is a mad crank, So what do you call those who threaten violence over his antics?

From the Irish Daily Independent:

IT'S interesting how Pastor Jones -- who memorably appeared in 'The Sunday Times' as "Paster Jones" -- was presented in the western media as the nut job.


But the many Muslim governments who threatened the US government about the violent consequences if he went ahead with his threat to burn the Koran were not so characterised, even though they came up with the usual old line: We are a people of peace, but if that man burns some paper, there'll be killings.
Just let me break this news to you gently. Things could get much, much worse.

Come back in two years' time and perhaps you'll see what I mean. For in 2012, the Islamic world will be celebrating the 1,400th anniversary of the appearance of the Angel Gabriel to Mohammed, a visitation that turned him into a prophet and changed the world. What emotions will that anniversary unleash in the Islamic world? How will Muslims commemorate the events of 9/11 in the year 2012? And what further steps will the Western/secular world have taken in the meantime to propitiate Islam -- in the way that Islam never takes towards us infidels?

7 comments:

christian soldier said...

answer to title question...EVIL!!!!!
C-CS

Pastorius said...

:)

Always On Watch said...

in 2012, the Islamic world will be celebrating the 1,400th anniversary of the appearance of the Angel Gabriel to Mohammed

Expect a more-than-the-usual rampage, then.

cjk said...

I'd still like some evidence as to why the pastor is/was labeled a 'mad crank' or whatever for that matter. SOMEONE please enlighten me! I only want facts however not innuendo or bullshit hearsay. Anyone who risks their personal safety defying our sworn enemies is a hero in mine humble opinion.
I could be wrong here, maybe there's something I've missed, but this is like the freaks who call Sarah Palin stupid....just because....gee, because everyone says so...stupid.
PLEASE, PLEASE all you educated beings explain to me why he's wacky or whatever!!!!!!

abdooss said...

P,
Sometimes I was disturbed by your mocking and dissing of Islam and Muslims. Lest you forgot, I'm Muslim. But then, I realised this is your blog and you may do whatever you pleased. So I decided to get back to the Chess World, where all, irrespective of races and religions, can live peacefully, including the Israeli Grandmaster Boris Gelfand and the Polgar sisters (Jews from Hungary). Then, the FIDE (World Chess association) President announced his plan to build an International Chess Centre there ; .. my only request; please don't start dissing Chess after this announcement.

Pastorius said...

I like Chess, Abdoos.

But, I must admit, I'm not very good at it.

The reason ought to be obvious.

In my small-minded world, I see a problem, and I do not strategize. I just go for the kill.

American Rose said...

Abdooss,

Why do you worry about Myanmar when you have enough inequality and draconian justice to fight in Malaysia? If you want to do some good, act locally! But you refuse to address the injustices in your country, ... the discrimination of Chinese, the mooslum theocratic dictate of your laws, the draconian punishments for things like adultery. You do realize Abdoos that you are only a moooslum, because you were born in a land where there is no other choice! They burn Christian churches in your country, and persecute a Chinese minority that is largely Buddhist, Taoist (yeah Lao Tsu) and Confucianist! It's like you have this block where you like to criticise us, but refuse to judge yourself critically.