Saturday, September 10, 2011

Test

For the one or two of you wondering where I got to, the last couple weeks have been a challenge.

The day we got home from our trip our main computer fried in spectacular fashion after days of hints trouble was coming. Dropped it off at Staples (friggin' HP, their machines & their warranties aren't worth shit. DON'T buy an HP Slimline) leaving me to job hunt and blog on a very small Toshiba laptop. Good machine but not for blogging.

The next day Irene arrived with a lot of bluster but little trouble for us beyond pick up sticks.

Then I managed to catch a touch of a flu like thing. Not to worry, feel kinda like crap but the Hot Toddy's made with Wild Turkey are wonderfully medicinal.

Then the remnants of Lee came through causing me the kind of trouble I expected from Irene. Rivulets in the basement move the guns ammo guitars knives other musical instruments out. Without the benefit of a hot toddy yet. Nothing serious, really. Just a seriously annoying pain in the ass. NOTHING compared to what's happening along the Schuylkill and Susquehanna rivers in places like Harrisburg and Selinsgrove and Wilkes Barre.

The 13 yr old was the only one home to help and was carrying ammo boxes heavier than her.

Go Kid!

That same day Staples called said the machine was unrepairable. Not an optimal statement since I had paid $350 in advance for the fix and file transfer.

The next day I went in and Staples was very generous in refunding much of what I paid toward a new machine. AND did a full file transfer for nothing.

Earned their Easy button that day.

I now have finished setting up the new machne (an HP but that's what I could afford right now. at least it's not a slimline) and thus needed a test post to make sure everything is working.

One of my favorite Blues Tunes

Delbert McClinton
B Movie Boxcar Blues


So far so good. I'm back. You goat fucking jihadis beware.

And god save the rest of the free world

2 comments:

Pastorius said...

Glad you're back.

Oh, by the way, your paycheck will be late this week. The Jews are holding up on their payments to us. I think they're trying to, you know, "negotiate" again.

You know how ruthless and conniving they are.

Anonymous said...

i'm telling ya, you need to find a way to make money blogging. if all these stay at home moms can do it, i am pretty sure there's gotta be somewhere to play stay at home dad.

or, just move up here, play stay at home grandpa, and add a bear-watch onto your blog!

...i'll keep working on ideas ;)

#1

(p.s. you totally should have just had them load windows onto that desktop sitting in my old room!! way cheaper!)