Friday, May 03, 2013


"Gunmen" Fire Blanks At Elementary School: Teachers Shocked, Frightened After School Holds Unplanned Shooting Drill



HALFWAY, Ore. (CBS Seattle/AP) — Teachers were shocked and caught off guard when an Oregon school held a school shooting drill.
The Oregonian reports Pine Eagle Charter School in Halfway held the drill last Friday as children were home for an in-service day. Two masked “gunmen” burst into a meeting room holding 15 teachers firing blanks. Teachers only realized it wasn’t a real shooting when none of them were bleeding.

THE PEOPLE WHO RUN OUR SCHOOLS ARE FUCKING RETARDED. 

7 comments:

Christine said...

On one hand I can see that this would scare the shit out of people. But, in reality, it was the only way for them to know for sure how they would react.

I think they should have been told ahead of time that a surprise drill could come at any moment.

Although I can understand that some people are upset, I think this was a good idea.

Obviously it got some of the teachers thinking seriously about making a plan that would work in the event of the real thing.

You just can't get a real reaction from people when they are told, "we are having a drill at 3:00 on Wednesday". You just can't.

I am happy that they did it on a day when the kids were home.

Pastorius said...

Someone could have had a heart attack and died.

Pastorius said...

I hope that god damned Principal loses her job and never works again.

Christine said...

That is why they should have told the teachers to expect a surprise drill.

Pastorius said...

Oh, yes, I'm sorry. Now I understand what you mean.

Epaminondas said...

Anyone who tried that where my wife teaches, could EASILY have gotten killed.

Parents are coming and going.

North of the road the school is on is 65 miles of NOTHING but forest. South, about 20. After Newtown, people are ready for anything.

Gun ownership is probably about 85%. Everyone knows everyone.

You cannot hold a firing exercise with masked men with no warning.

If I am a teacher, and the kids are my responsibility, and I am armed ...

If I am a parent and and I am in the school and I am armed....

This is criminal irresponsibility even though admin had the right idea at heart.

Anonymous said...

That principal is really lucky that 100% of the teachers present were unH'armed'. I suspect that statistic will soon change.