Thursday, May 08, 2014

"I Had No Idea How Bad Islam Was Until I Dated A Muslim"


A letter to Pamela Geller from a young woman who dated a Muslim man for three years.

From Pamela Geller:
I was taught never to judge others’ religion and culture. I took Cultural Anthropology, World Religion, Philosophy, Social Environment classes and I have the Quran at home. In school, professors makes Islam and all other religions seem very peaceful and I guess it has a lot to do with freedom of religion and ethics. 
During those 3 years I use to believe that Islam was indeed peaceful, my Ex convinced me that it was very peaceful… but I never believed it was perfect. No religion is perfect in my mind. 
I am a Psychology major, while taking psychology courses I realized that Islam created people who are ignorant, dependent and selfish. 
I started to slowly realize that I was dating a massive manipulator. His logic made no sense to me. I couldn’t question Muhammad or Allah, and when I did, he would go ballistic. At times he was very sweet and kind but I felt like Islam limited his mind. He was afraid to make his own choices. Everything was a sin. 
I use to believe women who covered themselves were very committed and loving to their religion and happy. I use to be naive and defend Islam because of all the “Stereotype”. I was a willing victim to my ex boyfriend and to Islam. 
I was willing to move with him to Saudi Arabia, Thanks god I didn’t. The amount of prejudice and racism in that culture is incredible. 
I know for a fact that my ex hates Jews with passion and had no idea what the holocaust was. Even after showing him pictures of dead Jews and dead children during the holocaust, he would twist the topic and talk about the Palestinians who were suffering due to the Jews. 
Islam brainwashes people. Everything in Islam goes against Psychology. It is highly impossible to have a stable mindset while raised in that culture. You don’t have a voice in that culture and religion. It took me a long time to start healing because I had a very strong love for my ex, even now after a year, I sometimes cry at night.
I had no Idea how bad Islam was until I dated a Muslim man. 
My ex had some good qualities and it made me damn sad that he had such strong hold on Islam. I hate Islam because there are potential good people in Islam but the more they are controlled by their faith, the more inhuman they become. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I was taught never to judge others’ religion and culture."

Then you were taught by idiots. I hope you figured that part out.

Anonymous said...

May be you dated the wrong guy who didn't actually understand islam and its essence. He just memorized some dos and don'ts and applied them without understanding the wisdom behind them. His limited understanding would make him unable to answer your quesions.