Monday, February 15, 2016

So, NOW who am I supposed to vote for?

Given the R’s control of the Senate, it seems the people are about to choose what kind of a SCOTUS we are going to have for the next generation, and it will be most interesting to see if a lot more people show up to vote (and I would NOT necessarily award that break to the D’s …AT ALL)
Let’s do this across the board …

Hillary: accomplished, amoral liar who has so convinced herself of her stories, she could pass lie detector tests asking questions who truthful answers or lying answers would be mutually exclusive. Her EXPERIENCE is in dissimulating to protect herself, and her email REVELATION that in the midst of life threatening national security problems she was concerned about what time she would return to the Hamptons eliminates her UTTERLY

Bernie: CORRECT on his identification of critical problems and questions, and tragically wrong on some of the answers. Impossible foreign policy ideas. Preferable to HRC, EASILY. He is the real deal.

Trump: CORRECT on his identification of critical problems and questions, and tragically wrong on some of the answers. His singling out of a religion MUST be accomplished by other means, and the job of a president is to protect the people without singling out a religion INTERNALLY. As far as admitting foreigners - a prez can do any damn thing he thinks proper. He is right on the wall. He is right on trade. And I don’t believe Bush lied.

Cruz: The Bickle and Swanson endorsements simply make it impossible to support him. Many of his constitutional ideas are correct. I like most of his foreign policy thoughts, but he is BLIND to the bigotry of welcomed endorsements. This controls.

Rubio: The strongest identification of Iran as a true and main enemy, inimical to the safety and way of life of the American PEOPLE. I don’t trust him on ILLEGAL immigration, and his support of TPP/TAA says he is either BOUGHT, or thinks the ideology of free trade as a conservative icon outweighs the facts. This issue alone makes it very hard for me to vote for him.
Kasich: Nice attitude,, but support for TPP/TAA? His FP is questionable and he doesn’t believe a secure border is possible. NO WAY to vote for him.

Bush: Wrong man, wrong time.

So I have list of people I can’t vote for and people I don’t want to vote for.

I dislike where the party I was active in for so long has gone to, the democrats.

I dislike where the party I voted for since 2000 (except voting for Reagan 2x) has gone to.

I firmly believe there really is a single political class and both Wall Street Dems and Corporate Repubs belong to it as well as those in huge multinationals  and elite academia all of whom (Hi Eric Cantor, and Larry Summers, and Robert Reich, and Glenn Hubbard) operate thru and among revolving doors.

I think Pat Caddell,, Jimmy Carter’s pollster is RIGHT when he say the USA is in a pre-revolutionary state.

If I believed in the republican party I might hope for a convention like 1860.

BUT I DON’T.

If I believed that at this point in his life Bernie would treasure the practical over the ideological, then MAYBE, but I don’t.

AT ALL.

So as of today I am stuck with 2 men I have serious and critical disagreements with.

Rubio’s support of TPP/TAA means more careers and industries driven overseas to the lowest costs, but he is right on with Iran and FP.

CRITICAL ISSUE

Trump’s talk about singling out religions in the USA, is incredibly troubling and impossible to support,, but he is right on the wall/terror and right on trade/economy.

CRITICAL FAULT

In the final analysis now given SCOTUS, it MAY come down to these men indicating some names they would consider for nomination.

What an election!

I have voted since 1976 and I cannot remember all alternatives being so odious.

Not a matter of holding my nose, but each man has terrible, terrible problems.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not for Trump, yet, but when did he say something to the effect of "... singling out a religion INTERNALLY?" All I heard him say was to stop Muslim immigration UNTIL WE FIND OUT WHAT'S GOING ON. Am I wrong?

We all know that Islam is more than a religion. Mosques are not churches or temples, and although only a small percentage of Muslims are willing to fight jihad, all pious Muslims believe the same.
Therefore, this is a very delicate issue, but we all know what Trump meant.

My man is Dr. Carson, but the idiotic idea that his "lack of experience"in government and politics makes him unqualified is absolutely absurd. If the guy past Biology, Chemistry, and other such niceties, I doubt he would have failed Political Science. His curiosity, internal discipline, and desire to listen would probably make him the best candidate to occupy the presidency today. Besides, being who he is, he would bring the end of racism to the nation, quite the opposite of what politician Obama achieved.

Nicoenarg said...

I agree with Trump that Iraq war was a mistake...but not in the sense he thinks. I think a pro American dictator should have been installed after removing Saddam Hussein, instead of encouraging democracy amongst those animals over there.

Also oil should have been taken over to pay for the war and other expenses.

Nicoenarg said...

Trump shooting his mouth off doesn't surprise me, what does surprise me is Cruz's constant lying. It's showing his desperation. I think he thought he was going to win NH...

Anonymous said...

My primary is coming up on Saturday and Dr. Carson is looking better every day.

Nicoenarg said...

Anon, don't fall for any calls from Cruz's people that Carson's dropping out...like they did in Iowa.

Epaminondas said...

Anon - Trump mentioned registering muslims.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=trump%20registering%20muslims

It would be rejected 9-0 (or 8-0) by SCOTUS in what would be an INSTANT lawsuit when the first muslim REFUSES to be in DB, but we can't have this.



Epaminondas said...

Carson lost me the day he insisted the pyramids were used for grain storage

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/05/politics/ben-carson-pyramids-grain/

How a man with this level of intelligence and academic curiosity could form such an opinion, deliver them to a graduating class, and then stick to them is, to me, extremely upsetting.

First of all, Joseph was advisor to the Hyksos, or Aamu pharoahs who were in Egypt about 1500 years after the pyramids were built.

Next the pyramids were CLEARLY, as is the documented pattern of pharaohs from Narmer forward, for one purpose only - TOMBS

That Carson can put aside factual evidence in order to hold ot a presonal myth mimics PRECISELY what the present WH occupant does.

I can't tell you how unhappy this made me as I was sure, HE WAS THE GUY

Nicoenarg said...

Epa he was talking about registering refugees coming in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MEJmdgPyB4

What does go against him is that he doesn't actually seem to understand what people are really asking him about. He gets a question, then he goes off on an answer that's not really related to the question.

Epaminondas said...

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2015/nov/24/donald-trumps-comments-database-american-muslims/
**Listening to this interview, we noticed that Trump still didn’t give a definitive "yes" or "no" answer on whether he would want an all-encompassing Muslim registry, though he said it’s "certainly something we should start thinking about." **


Good luck with that

It's all a mess