Thursday, November 24, 2016

Amanpour, Fake News, Fear Mongering, Objective Fact and AUDITING REPORTAGE


“First the media is accused of inciting, then sympathizing, then associating — until they suddenly find themselves accused of being full-fledged terrorists and subversives. Then they end up in handcuffs, in cages, in kangaroo courts, in prison — and then who knows?”
This is Amanpour’s underlying reason to call for ‘journalists’ to ABANDON NEUTRALITY for ‘TRUTH’.
The problem is truth. To Ms. Amanpour (actually Mrs. James Rubin, worth $12.5m herself, wife of the Assistant Secretary of State for Bill Clinton ) truth is 5 degrees past the worst paranoid belief about Trump.
Truth is the danger that he is, as she put it, an “Erdogan, Putin, the Ayatollahs, Duterte”..notably she left off CHAVEZ, a man whose racism is unarguable TRUTH, or the man Obama appointed to the FCC, Lloyd who OPENLY admired Chavez who forced the oldest TV station in Venezuela of the air for opposing him. It would not be because he is a leftist would it?
An audit of the path of the TRUTH in the case of Steve Bannon, the alt-right, is instructive.
Media Matters owned and directed by a man who is an ADMITTED Nazi collaborator during WW2, and who admitted specifically this, and who told Newsweek he had NO bad conscience over it, hired David Brock who ACCEPTED the words of a woman in the midst of both a divorce and a custody fight that Bannon told her he didn’t want his girls to go to private school with a bunch of whiny Jews as being factually correct and objectively true.
WHY?
I think we know. This is the KGB famous grain of ‘TRUTH’ in a dizinformaziya campaign.
Did Bannon say this? Did he mean it? (HE SENT THE GIRLS TO THE SCHOOL IN QUESTION..look it up)
I don’t know. BUT NEITHER DO ANY OF THOSE REPORTING RACISM/ANTISEMITISM.
This was then added to alt-right articles (actually EXPLANATORY in nature in most cases) at Breitbart to construct  right wing, anti semite, racist, fascist dream team of condemnatory talking points.
Other stories from Huffington Post and the like that Bannon ‘boasted’ he had made Brietbart into a program platform for this ALT-RIGHT follow this. I searched for this boast and found nothing.
Likewise the entire brouhaha over the NPI, the National Policy Institute which is the supposed beating heart of the ALT-RIGHT. We all remember what Sanchez fired off in his famous CNBC rant after Obamacare was launched. Millions of, in and sympathetic to the ideas of the Tea Party (fidelity to the founding doc, and financial responsibility in govt) filled the streets. Well, the NPI held its national rally this past week. Politico reports about 150 attendees and as many reporters.
WHAT ALT-RIGHT MOVEMENT? 150 sick pseudo thinkers so filled with diseased inner compulsions they, like David Duke imagine Trump/Bannon are blowing the secret George Lincoln Rockwell Reich whistle?
Salon and others, including FORBES, who quoted Salon , who quoted Media Matters then build the scaffolding around which stories devoid of objective reality become repeatable believable … INCITEMENT.
You know, like certain people get told over and over in the same way that Jews are stealing their organs for other rich Jews.
INCITEMENT.
This is fake news every bit as much as Obama signing papers to open the border.
But this is the TRUTH Amanpour is afraid will be denigrated.
This is why I believe NOTHING I see or read. I do my own follow up and then I decide.
There is no alternative.
What can be believed?
An OSCILLOSCOPE.

8 comments:

Always On Watch said...

The Leftist media are now out in the open and stating just how biased they are.

Pastorius said...

I read a website called Five Feet of Fury written by a woman named Kathy Shaidle. Shaidle writes for a magazine called Taki's Magazine.

Richard Spencer - one of the leaders of the alt-Right was, at one time, a writer and perhaps, editor for Taki's Mag.

Some of the other writers at Taki's Mag include Derbyshire, Malkin, Dalrymple, etc.

Mark Steyn is a big fan of Kathy Shaidle. He mentions her perspectives in his columns sometimes.

My point is, this is the limit of my understanding of the Alt-Right.

From what I can tell, there are gradations of belief in the Alt-Right. Not everyone is a White Nationalist - and to the extent that they are, I am not interested in what they have to say.

Steve Sailer is the most controversial writer that I know of being published at Taki's.

Steve Sailer calls himself a Racial Realist.

Steve Sailer spent the early part of his life in Advertising and Marketing. The interesting thing about that field is it attempts to deal with facts about various cultures and micro-cultures so that it can help it's clients NOT WASTE AD DOLLARS.

In other words, in Advertising and Marketing, the goal is to make assumptions about certain cultures and micro-cultures, so one can design an ad and mktg campaign which actually hits the right people with the right message.

Point being, Advertising and Marketing is a field of study in which one gets paid to operate by intelligent stereotypes.

Steve Sailer takes this to the extreme in his analysis of race in America.

I would not know if he is a racist. But he is more focused on race than I think is healthy for an individual.

The real question on race, in my opinion, is not whether one believes there are differences between various races and cultures. The real question is, do you treat each individual human being you meet as an individual human being, or do you expect them to behave a certain way because you are so focused on their race, and your ideas of what their race is that you can no longer even recognize who they are as an individual.

If so, then in my book you are a racist.

If you believe that certain groups of people should not have equal access to certain rights and to the law, then you are a dangerous racist.

If you believe only one group of people should have full access to the rights and laws of our society than you are a ethnic-nationalist.

To me, these definitions seem obvious.

And yet, I watch the media and racists of all brands fudge these words and definitions constantly so they can get away with their own brands of racism and bigotry.

Pastorius said...

The Alt-right may be a thoroughly racist group of people, but if Taki's Mag is a Alt-Right publication, then Alt-Right is more nuanced than is being discussed in the media.

Epaminondas said...

I'm sure it's possible to believe you can be alt right without being racist, but can you believe in the goals of a 'Vlaams Belang' without being racist?

What's the diff, anyway?

If 150 people show up for the core group's national meeting, they are already IRRELEVANT except as a tool of the left to make all those who voted for Trump question their own motives.

Fuck the alt-right
Fuck the left
Fuck the media.

THere.

And now... HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Pastorius said...

Yes, that is an important point.

I think I need to express my point more clearly.

Most of this controversy, if not all of it, emanates from an article Milo Yiannopolis wrote for Breitbart called An Establishment Conservatives Guide to the Alt-Right.

In said article, Milo wrote something like, During the time he edited Taki Magazine, Richard Spencer stood as the leading intellectual of the Alt-right.

If Milo had not written that, and if Milo had not claimed Breitbart was the platform of the alt-Right, then we would not be having this conversation.

That was one article in Breitbart.

Bannon was the editor.

I am the editor of IBA, in a sense. I am here every day and I monitor every single post and comment.

Have there ever been posts and comments here at IBA with which I disagree?

Yes.

Have there been racist comments and even posts here at IBA?

Pretty sure there have been. Most of the comments have been wiped away or contended with. Sometimes I just let them stand.

The posts? I am not sure. Frankly, some of our writers have been too oblique and boring for me to contend with the entire post.

There are over 30,000 posts here at IBA. Do you think I have had time to read every single word of every single one?

No.

Breitbart posts more articles than we do here at IBA.

There is no way Bannon could dissect each and every word of every article.

And yet somehow here in this controversy, Steve Bannon and Donald Trump are being held to account for two sentences in one article that Milo wrote.

And furthermore, my point is, I am not clear that the Alt-Right, whatever it is, is entirely made up of racists. So, if I were the editor of Breitbart, I probably would have let all that slide too. Because I would not have known who Richard Spencer is, and I would not have known that many people think the Alt-right is racist.

Were you aware people think the Alt-right is racist?

Who knew?

Who gives a fuck?

I care about real racists when I see them. Richard Spencer's conference where he called out "Hail Trump" only to be greeted by "Heil Trumps" and raised Nazi salutes, THAT'S A PROBLEM. That Spencer did not immediately admonish his followers tells us he is ok with that behavior, probably even used to it. He must be a racist himself.

Now let's compare that racism to Jeremiah Wright and the fact that Barack Obama sat in those pews for 20 years gobbling up that racist spew.

There is plenty of racism on both the left and right. Who wants to get into a game of comparison?

Always On Watch said...

Pasto,
My definitions are the same as yours.

Furthermore, in my view, Americans in general are way too focused on race. Obsessed, in fact. There are lots of reasons for this error -- some valid reasons, some invalid reasons.

Mr. AOW and I are "official" members of a black family here. The children were in my classes and, later, took private piano lessons from me as well as private Latin lessons. We do not share political views, but that is no big deal for any of us. We are family and love each other -- warts and all.

In 2009, this family came here to decorate our house for Christmas. They also drop shipped to us various supplies for caregiving. And they brought food and dozens of gift cards. To this day, I can pick up the phone and say, "I need help," and they come right over to do whatever we need. Our differing skin color is not a factor in our relationship. Would that all Americans of all colors could have relationships such as ours!

Always On Watch said...

WC,
LOL!

And true, too.

Anonymous said...

AOW-You know that my former neighbor, who was my roommate until she could get into senior public housing, has a better tan than, I'll ever see. We voted for different candidates, BUT, we are both Christians...therefore, we ARE sisters in CHRIST. She has access to my apt. while I'm at the AOW's...I TRUST HER. The color of our skin just keeps us from looking like gingerbread copies of each other.
I prefer looking at what kind of person, I'm dealing with...not at something that they can't control. It's like saying that you don't like someone because their eyes are blue rather than brown...
But then, I'm NOT part and parcel of the lamestream media!

tmw
HAPPY THANKSGIVING, ALL!