Saturday, January 14, 2017

Book Review: Title Withheld


From The Last English Prince:
The selection which had just been purchased last week was found on the shelf of Half Price Books and the scholar was one with which I am familiar. A duo of previous scholarly writings reside in my personal library and I am familiar with his style: dry but sufficiently interesting. 
What was surprising, as I opened the pages of what was presented as a Muslim travelogue, was a triggering device placed early within the opening pages of the book. Recognizing that I was about to enter a cryptograph, the selection was read in very short order. 
Should I shake the tree? That was my question. The book presented as the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. 
This simple travelogue was really a prep, guidance, encouragement, and targeting guide for jihad. 
At the very least, the words on the page could adversely effect the individual reader. With a worst case scenario, the selection could have been written with a sleeper cell in mind. 
The actual beginning point for the book reminds the Muslim that he is not to spy on his brother. This issue presents as a Catch 22, a perplexing one, for our intelligence agencies.  
With Islam, one is to seek permission to enter a home. So if a Muslim enters a home without permission and sees grandma sewing a suicide vest, he is not to report out. He was not given permission to see it. 
If the same Muslim enters a home with permission and sees grandma sewing a suicide vest, he shouldn’t report out. He will have violated a trust. 
Why did the book remind Muslims they are not to report out? 
There is an interesting section regarding visiting an airport. Great detail is given on how to pass through airport security. Space is devoted on preparations which should be made for this type of travel. 
The emphasis is comparable to the song by John Denver, “… Leaving on a jet plane. Don’t know when I’ll be back again.” 
The writer talks of a simple flight as if it is a final flight and gives guidance for preparation for the Day of Judgment. 
In fact, in a chilling manner, one section is subtitled, “Going Not Coming Back”. 
GO READ THE WHOLE THING. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This troubles me highly for several reasons. I understand withholding the name of the book because it would be advertising for it. But I do not understand withholding the author's name.

Here are some questions: 1. Is he a converted Muslim, a born Muslim, or just a Western apologist? 2. Why withhold his name, and offer protection, or rather a cave for cover, for this individual who is clearly a danger to our society? 3. TLEP revealed there are two more scholarly writings by this writer. Who is the target audience for this author? 4. Will TLEP reconsider her position and reveal the name of the Jihadist/traitor?

Pastorius said...

I agree with you, Anonymous.

I do not understand withholding information at all.

I was asked to post this this way.

I am not in agreement with the author.

The Last English Prince said...

Name and title are withheld to protect me from liability. The information has been moved into an appropriate analytical stream.

I was introduced to the writings of this scholar by a man who was a close personal friend for a decade. There are networks, within networks.

Pasto should understand. I withheld a bombshell - a journalistic bombshell - a couple years ago for journalism, confidentiality and ethical reasons.

This information, regarding an incident, entered a chain of command. I could have found a bit of celebrity, but chose the ethical path for journalism. Not all stories can be told. That is the nature of journalism and confidentiality for source.



Pastorius said...

I have ZERO confidence the "appropriate analytical streams" will do shit.

They let the Orlando and Ft. Lauderdale shooters go on with their plots and they let the 911 people go on too.

And yet, I'll bet you they have books on people like us.

Pastorius said...

QUESTION: About that other story you withheld, has anyone moved on that very obvious agent?

I doubt it.

That guy will continue pulling shit on us for years.