Sunday, February 19, 2017

Has Breitbart adopted a NEWS ONLY stream from the Pages of MEMRI?



This morning in Breitbart:

Malcolm Nance on Bill Maher: Trump Adviser Stephen Miller is ‘Baby Goebbels’

Straight report with sunlight on a disgusting comparison of a Jewish man to a prime Nazi? Why, thinks a reader, isn’t comparing Jews to Nazis what radical Islamist terrorists do?

NPR’s Hinojosa: ‘There Should Be An Attempt’ To Have No One Show Up to a Trump Presser

Well, thinks a reader, isn’t that the action of a decidedly hostile force?
But I bet those who didn’t show at a press conference will suffer worse at the PREDICTABLE counter punch (which may be to COMPLETELY ignore them, permanently, and send 3rd raters to Sunday shows only when asked). Besides, you know if that happens, THE FIVE will show up and Beckel will have questions.

DNC Chair Race: Progressives’ Aggressive Tactics to Elect Keith Ellison Backfire

Huh? Aggressive? What’s this about?
In December, emeritus law professor at Harvard University, author and Orthodox Jew Alan Dershowitz, said if Ellison is elected as DNC chair he would resign from the Democratic Party
And so on….Just as Memri FOR YEARS has been putting sunlight ONLY on the exact words of Middle East leaders.

LEBANESE CLERIC SHEIKH BILAL DUQMAQ: ISIS IS NOT ALL BAD

HIZBULLAH SECRETARY-GENERAL NASRALLAH THREATENS MISSILE ATTACK ON ISRAELI AMMONIA FACILITIES AND DIMONA NUCLEAR PLANT

CHRISTIAN CONVERTS IN MOROCCO: WE WANT THE SAME RIGHTS AS THE JEWS


If Breitbart is doing this, it’s an interesting idea. And it removes the need to fact check anything they do. After all, who doubts MEMRI? They may make some folks bad (REALLY BAD) but every word is those folks’ doing it to themselves.

3 comments:

Pastorius said...

My anti-Semitic (he would have said he was merely anti-Zionist) father "doubted" Memri, saying they were "a tool of Mossad" and implying the translations were purposefully wrong bastardizations of what was actually said.

Juan Cole, as I recall, also has said this.

I suspect many Leftists would say Memri is a fake news site.

I mean, after all, it was Memri which truly first made me realize how upside down the world is, and set me on the course that I am still on 16 years later.

And in my opinion, THAT IS THE ONLY APPROPRIATE RESPONSE to the level of hatred and violence that is shown to be the facts on the ground by Memri.

Epaminondas said...

WHen I posted for 13 years on arab forums out of Oman, I would post links to many egregious memri posts and ask if there was any inaccurate translations, Since most of these folks were dedicated salafis they had no reason not to be proud of the utterly sickening nature of most of the stuff, and not one time was there a comment that the translations were wrong.

So JUan Cole gets the 'stupid gringos don;t know shit' award for haram blologna.

Anyone who wants can get the gist of translation direct from the original arabic, or urdi or whatever

Pastorius said...

Obviously I am not disputing the accuracy of Memri.

You know, the more distance I get from my Father's death, the more I realize he was just a horrible man.

It's really stunning that I was able to put up with him while I was alive.

The 10 Commandments say I should honor my father and mother. I wonder if that includes after he is dead.

I guess the good thing is, I don't bad mouth him to my family.

The relative anonymity of this forum makes me feel comfortable to tell the truth.